Years ago, Charles Alderton came up with an idea to create something new and special when you talk of a soft drink. He came with the idea of one of the most selling soft drinks in the world, Dr Pepper. The soft drink occupies a different position in the market with some unique and interesting flavours to provide. It is a carbonated drink out there, and people have loved it in cocktails, especially with alcohol and more. The ingredients and especially the formula to make Dr Pepper is still a secret. Here in this article, we will discuss different things about this famous drink so that you can answer the question, that Is Dr Pepper healthy?
What is Dr Pepper?
As we described it earlier, Dr Pepper is a carbonated soft drink famous throughout the world. It comes in some of the most amazing and unique flavours; hence one never debate on the taste and flavour this drink provides. As the can itself says, it was first out there for serving in the year 1885. It was the first time out in public with some added flavours in the early 2000s. The taste of dr.Pepper is very similar to that of a prune juice. It tasted very simple, and hence people loved to have it. The question of it being healthy or unhealthy is a long debate.
Uses of Dr Pepper –
Talking of uses, you can always say that it one of the best soft drinks available in the market. Dr Pepper has been a wonder in the field of sodas with added carbon to it. People have loved to drink this canned beverage for years. Amazingly there is innovation everywhere, and so there is innovation even with the uses of Dr Pepper. Some of the topmost uses are-
- It is a brilliant side drink to have. If you are looking at something as an antacid or something to neutralize the food load after you had a heavy lunch, Dr Pepper could be a good option.
- It is also famous as a cocktail soda. Dr Pepper comes in tangy flavours, and hence this can act as a very good mixture for a cocktail. You can have the taste of the specific flavour in your drink. Experts say that a cocktail made out of Dr Pepper and alcohols can be amazing to drink.
- Coming to something weird, Dr Pepper can also be used to clean your frying Pan. The carbonated soda can help you to get rid of stains.
- It can be used to get your hair rid of a stuck Gum.
- Even it can act as a cleaner for your coins and can make them shiny.
Why is Dr Pepper healthy?
Dr Pepper has been a historical drink, and people have loved its tinge. There are many reports that claim the drink to be unhealthy, but it is not completely true. We are no one here to decide this, but the reports and facts state that Dr Pepper might have some good benefits over health too.
- The craze of Dr Pepper is so much out there that a woman aged 104 years claimed that her long life was highly influenced by daily consumption of the drink. Though experts deny this fact, and there is no proven evidence that Dr Pepper can help to increase life.
- The drink has some of the best-added flavours, and hence many suggest that this fact can help people to regain taste and other perceptions related to it.
- It is a non-alcoholic drink. This small statement is enough to describe all the different halt benefits you can have by drinking Dr Pepper over other alcoholic drinks. The soft drink can save your liver if you prefer drinking it rather than an alcoholic drink.
- It contains caffeine. Now, this is a very controversial topic. Caffeine has both side effects and health benefits. The point here is to realize how much you are consuming, so you always stay within the limit. Caffeine is good amounts can be very beneficial for the human body when taken in a fixed amount good for the human body. Caffeine can help you with the secretion of important hormones in the body. It can also help you to get rid of depression and other problems such as anxiety. Moreover, if you want something to keep you awake for late-night work Dr Pepper is always there to help you.
Why is Dr Pepper not healthy?
We can have many points out there in the market, talking of the demerits one can have on health drinking, Dr Pepper. Researchers have said this soda to be very injurious to some of the fatal body parts. Not just this but the main danger consuming Dr Pepper is the chances of development of carcinoma.
- There is a very high quantity of fructose in the drink. This can be a big problem as fructose is a kind of sugar. Excess amounts of sugar can lead to direct tooth decay. Not just oral pathological issues but also it can damage your kidney, liver, intestine and other such organs.
- The next ingredient there is a caramel colour. This is an additive added to the soda to make it tasty. But the ingredient can be very dangerous as this one is an artificial colour. It can harm your intestine and can cause you problems such as indigestion.
- Also, the drink can cause serious conditions such as cancer. There are chances that regular consumption of this beverage can lead to loss of lymphocytes and lowering of the White Blood Cells. There are chemicals in the drink just to increase the aesthetic value of soda, but all the negative effects of this drink get your body down.
- There are some cases in which people have reported an increase in Blood pressure and sugar due to this drink. This also resulted in nausea; hence people vomited and felt unconscious just after drinking the soda.
- In females problems such as osteoporosis were seen. The bone degradation made legs weaker, and this resulted in problems at older ages.
To conclude the results, Dr Pepper is a big brand. It has some nutritional benefits. The soda is great to taste, and it can never be taken out of the favourites in the soft drink section. But it has a lot of demerits and health hazards. So it is more beneficial to drink a homemade lemonade than drinking a lot of Dr Pepper. Whereas sometimes Dr Pepper is a fun drink to have.